Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Three quick posts below

Now that I'm on the road again, I realized that I've been remiss in posting. I've been so busy having fun that I've forgotten to post about it here.

Yesterday was my western-most day of the trip. I spent a little bit of time along the Olympic coast.
I have just hit the Oregon / Washington border. The drive through the Cascades was incredible. Once you hit the eastern side, the whole Topological-influence-on-the-ecosystems was amazingly obvious. On the western side, where all of the rain falls, the mountains are covered with thick, lush forests. About ten miles down the road from the pass in the mountains, the forests abruptly turn in to prairie hills. The change is so fast that it just really hits you.

Anyway, enjoy the (late) posts; time to get myself in gear to make Hell's Canyon tonight.

No comments: