Thursday, July 31, 2008

500mm lens + doubler + 1.6x for digital =

still not enough magnification.

Wolves! At least 5 of them! Unforetunately, they were on the other
side of a valley, which was about a mile away. I had pulled over to
see what all the people with heavy-duty scopes were looking at. A few
of them do this on a regular basis. They were wonderfully nice; not
only did they let me peek through the scope to set up my shot, but a
family with two small children came by, and the pros took the time to
let all four look through. (And, as you can imagine, it was some work
to get the kids to see the right thing, but the pros took the time,
even while trying to keep up with the pack's movement.)

So, I have some black fuzzy sillouettes in some out of focus pictures.

But I saw wolves!

No comments: