Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Lonely Mountain

After a long haul of a drive from GNP, the next day, my buddy, his girlfriend and her kid and I decided to go to Mt Rainier. We were only able to walk about a bit, no backpacking or anything. It's another amazing place, worthy of a trip in and of itself. I call it the "Lonely Mountain" because it doesn't really have many neighbors, just parts of itself. It's a volcanic mountain (active, sort of), so it just grew were the hot spot is. On even kinda clear days, you can see the white glacier-covered top "floating" in the air from Seattle.

The park is set up so that you could climb to the top in two days. I'm not sure I'd be able to do that, but you never know. (Maybe one day I'll start on the High-Points in each state, so I'll have to.) Of course I took a bunch of pics, so here's one. (It's from the ride back home.)

No comments: