Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Resort Towns...

So I don't know if this is going to work. The Connection here is ridiculously slow. (So no pics, even though I have a ton of them.) I am in St. Mary's; staying in the most expensive National Park Campground I've seen. (They didn't even give me a discount for the annual pass I have.) I'll be here tonight and tomorrow night. If I can find a motel after that, I'm sure Brandon will appreciate me having a chance to shower and remove the funk. (And, if I can't find a motel, I apologize in advance. You've got a hose, right?)

Anyway, I went for a hike today along the continental divide. I am going to blame the altitude and lack of oxygen on how hard of a climb it was. It was the longest 1.5 miles I've ever done. I've got two more days here in the park system. Which is a good thing, because I haven't even made it half-way over the park road. (The continental divide is closer to this - the East - end.) Gotta go; dinner is here, and I am vanished! I promise that my next posting will either have pictures, or I will post all the little things I've been thinking as I've traveled.

P.S. The Wifi I'm using is so slow, it couldn't even bring up the blog site in the span of dinner. Also, dinner could have been put out for deer to lick. Salty as hell.

3 comments:

beachcomber said...

Sounds like you're having a great time. Although I think you didn't vanish, I think you were famished. Although you are not really Van-ish, you're the real Van!
Sam and I (mostly Sam) are having fun wrecking the bed Julie made.
Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Your mom just sent Carolyn the blog URL (she is always the editor, no?). Nice trip, VanMan! I think your auntie is trying to setup a visit for mid-August. Will you be back? Can I ask a question in a blog comment? Well, can I?

Chemistry Eric said...

beachcomber: yeahyeahyeah... ok, so I was so hungry I couldn't spell one word. You should be grateful that the post was somewhat coherent. :-P

dave: you can ask, I suppose. I don't know how often I'll be able to update. I should be back in Mass somewhere around the 12th of August, I think.