Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1100 Miles down...

and no idea how many more to go. Montreal traffic is every bit as annoying as any other city, so they've got that, too... Once I got off the island and on the mainland, it was a smooth, if long, drive. There weren't too many vistas for me to stop at, but I did get one or two nice shots of some farms.


Made it to and through North Bay yesterday. I didn't want to stop in North Bay for fear of having to give up some of my ill-gotten hard-earned cash for some place to park my car. I drove about an hour outside of North Bay to find a rest area that didn't explicitly state that there was no overnight parking. Despite being close to the road, with no sound barrier between me and the road, it was surprisingly quiet. Not too much traffic in the middle of Canada at night. When I woke, my rest area looked like:

I also got a chance to visit the Canadian Bushplane Museum. They have a nice collection of old planes used to ferry cargo and put out bush fires. The neatest exhibit, though, was their movie on bush pilots. They taken a hint from Disney and added surround sound and gusts of wind for a really interactive presentation.
The clouds are clearing out; so it's time to go find more things to shoot.

No comments: