Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quick Post

So, yesterday was a marathon drive. I left SD's Badlands by about 7:00am (MDT - 8:00am CDT); I got into Davenport by 9:30pm CDT. That was a looooonnnnnnnggggg daaaaaayyyy. I decided to not really explore Iowa to keep on schedule. (I have a ticket for the Cubs / Astros game today. Hope it clears up.) The only "attraction" I stopped for was the Corn Palace. I feel somewhat gypped. It's made of bricks and covered with corn. False Advertising.

I will say that Iowa is much hillier than expected. I was planning on some stretches where I could (at the advice of a friend) tie the steering wheel to my belt and take a nap. A good 10-mile snooze would have been a nice break from the hours-long 3-mile straight stretches mixed in with gentle curves. Sadly, the roads curve just a bit too much for a driving nap. Oh well. It probably would have frightened anyone driving past me.

Off to Fermi Labs, the game, and Chicago.

No comments: