Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back in Wyoming... and damn!

So I left Bozeman after seeing a bit of the Sweet Pea Festival. Very cool.

I saw the Battle of Little Bighorn National Battlefield. Amazing. Being able to walk the field and see the markers of fallen soldiers and braves brings the story home in a way that no book ever can. The monument erected in the 1990's is very poignant.

...and now for the damn! part: Not only is this the opening week of the Sturgis SD Bike Ralley (So traffic will suck), but John McCain will be in town (so traffic will double suck).

Oh well. I guess I'd been having too much good luck on this trip.



[ETA]: I went right past Sturgis. I just didn't want to deal with the mess. The overflow of bikers was spectacular. Everywhere in the area had just droves of bikers. (Is that the right term? Club? Pack? Troop? Sounds too much like the Boy Scouts...)

No comments: